A temporary resident / visitor visa is an official document stamped in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to travel to Canada.

Most people need a visa OR an Electronic Travel Authorization to travel to Canada – not both.Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada.At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave by in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.

If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

You must meet some basic requirements to travel to Canada. You must:

Have a valid travel document, like a passport
Be in good health
Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
Convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
Have enough money for your stay.
The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.

Consultation request

Fill out this form and discover your visa options

Open chat
Can we help you?